Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Savory Bread Bites


After searching several cookbooks for something tasty for a baby shower, I decided to create my own! I used my own roll recipe and added the following ingredients.


10 ounces diced swiss cheese (about 3/8" cubes)
1 tbsp. dry mustard
1/2 - 1 tsp. cayenne pepper
1/3 cup bacon bits

I mixed up my rolls as always and added these ingredients during the kneading. When the dough has risen, form tiny balls (between the size of a mini-marshmallow and a regular size marshmallow and place them on a buttered baking pan. Preheat the oven to 400°. Let them raise until doubled in size and bake 14 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from the oven and brush them with generously with melted butter immediately. Sprinkle generously with salt. (The swiss cheese demands it.) Serve them right out of the oven as tiny appetizer bites. Very tasty! Enjoy!

No comments: