Monday, February 9, 2009

Pink Cloud Salad


I was looking for something pink to serve with a pork roast dinner and happened onto about fifty variations on this recipe. Here's what I ended up with and it's too simple and most delish!


1 16 ounce Cool Whip

1 can sweetened condensed milk

1 can cherry pie filling

1 cup coconut

1 cup crushed pecans

1 large can of crushed pineapple (I didn't drain it. It seemed thin until I added the coolwhip and it was perfect! Like a cloud. Imagine that!)


Mix all of the ingredients, folding the cool whip in last. Chill for three hours before serving. I embellished the salad by cutting a V into a strawberry when removing the tops and placed one on the top of each dish. The strawberries look great dipped in sugar just before serving. (the photo was not when I actually served it but I remembered to take a picture when I was cleaning things up after our party! Even on a plain white plate and not fancy table setting, it looks pretty good, eh!? Enjoy!

2 comments:

Scrappin' 4 ever said...

This must be heaven! I guess it could be a side dish or a dessert. Will have to try it!

Lizzie53084 said...

My husband's Grandmother made this for years and at every family gathering. Sometimes she added mandarin oranges (cut into smaller bits). We call it pink fluff :)