Monday, February 2, 2009

Onion Brie Pizza


This was an interesting new addition to our Super Bowl food. I got this recipe from my good friend, Marilyn. I happened to have all of the ingredients in the house that were needed (well, actually, I made my own whole wheat roll dough) but it worked for me! Doug loved it! Mom loved it! But, the babes didn't even try it. If you love sauteed onions, you'll love this. Next time, I'm adding a couple of cups of fresh mushrooms to the sautee!

6 medium sweet onions, thinkly sliced
1/c cup butter
1 package hot roll mix
1 1/4 cup warm water
2 Tbsp. olive oil
4 ounces Brie cheese, rind removed and cut into small pieces
1/3 cup sliced almonds

In a large skillet, cook onion slices in butter over medium low heat for 25 minutes or until golden brown, stirring occasionally. Meanwhile, prepare the hot roll mix according to package directions, using the warm water and oil. Place dough in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let stand for five minutes.

Roll the dough out to a greased 14" pizza pan. Top with the caramelized onions, Brie and almosnds. Bake at 400 degrees for 18-20 minutes. Let stand for ten minutes before cutting. Enjoy!

No comments: