Friday, February 6, 2009

Chicken Delight


I got this recipe from Marilyn after she served it for her son's wedding dinner. She'd promised me that I'd be in love and she delivered! WOW! Try to forget the ingredients if you're on a diet and enjoy this tasty dish. Remember that if you eat something this good with someone you love, all the fat and calories just melt away! I served it last night for our siblings party, but we got so involved when everyone arrived that I forgot to take a photo! So, here's what the table looked like. You get to imagine the chicken!



3 chicken breasts, halved or the equivalent of chicken tenders- enough to cover a 9 x 13 pan
1 (10 3/4 oz.) can cream of chicken soup (can use mushroom...I like chicken better)
1 cup mayonnaise
1- 2 tsp. curry
Mix the soup, mayonnaise and curry together and spread over chicken. Bake, uncovered for 40 minutes at 350 degrees. I actually like to slow cook this in the oven for several hours (or for three hours at 295 degrees. The chicken is so moist and practically falls apart.


Then, 20 minutes before serving, mix:
1 cup of Parmesan cheese
1/2 c. herb seasoned bread crumbs



Sprinkle on top after the chicken is baked- then drizzle 1 stick of melted butter over the top. Bake 20 minutes longer. Serve with mashed potatoes or rice. Enjoy!

No comments: