Friday, September 10, 2010

Ruby's Raw Apple Cake


Since apples are so plentiful right now, here's a traditional Thanksgiving dessert served at our house, but it's delish anytime, especially in the fall! This is the recipe that I use from my own mother's kitchen and it will be one of those "passed down for generations" recipes, I hope. I have to laugh because I can literally smell the cake baking right now, just thinking about it!


3 eggs
2 cups sugar
1 1/2 cup oil (I'm thinking of trying half oil and half applesauce next time I bake this.)
3 cups flour
3 cups shredded raw apples
1 cup chopped pecans
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. cinnamon

Cream oil and sugar together. Add eggs. Mix dry ingredients in. Add apples, vanilla and nuts. VERY THICK. Pour into greased floured bundt pan. Bake 1 hour and 15 minutes at 350°. Dust with powdered sugar when completely cool. Store loosely covered. Enjoy!

No comments: