Friday, September 10, 2010

Fire and Ice

I only wish I'd had my camera last night at Book Group to photograph this very pretty and most tasty appetizer! April, fabulous friend and hostess, loved the name of them as much as the taste. This was a beautiful treat and I'll be making them soon so that I can add a photograph to the recipe. A must try, if you love fresh tomatoes! So simple! I can also see them served at Christmas because they are the perfect colors!

6 tomatoes
3 cucumbers
1 red onion
Slice the tomatoes about 3/8" thick. Slice the cucumbers about 1/4" thick. Place the tomatoes on a serving platter. Put one cucumber slice on each tomato slice.
1 pint sour cream
4 Tbsp. Red Wine Vinegar
1 tsp. sugar
2 tsp. salt
a dash of Tabasco Sauce (I'd add a bit more for some more fire!)
Mix the topping. Drop by spoonful onto the cucumber/tomato and then add a finely sliced sliver of the onion on top of that. OH MY! Enjoy

No comments: