Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Perfect Rice Pudding


I also found this recipe this weekend and made some rice pudding for the kids. They'd never tried "the real thing" before and they loved it.  I've always liked it but not loved it. This recipe, I loved!  It's a perfect way to use your leftover rice.  I found the recipe, where else, but it on Pinterest through The Hungry Housewife. Although, here's my version because I made a few adjustments to suit our tastes.
007 4 cups leftover rice
    6 cups milk
1 cup sugar
1/2 tsp salt
1 Tbsp vanilla
1 cup craisins
1/2 cup coconut
1 tsp. cinnamon
All add ingredients to the cooked rice in a large saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring frequently and at the end, constantly.  I stirred this for, literally 45 minutes.  It took that long to bring it to a boil because the milk and rice were ice cold.  I boiled it for about ten minutes stirring constantly. Once most of the milk is absorbed, remove from heat. Serve hot or cold!   We served it hot vanilla with ice cream.  (Corbridge Rule:  Breakfast is always better with ice cream.)  The kids were in heaven and then ate the leftovers for dessert later that night.

No comments: