Monday, June 18, 2012

English Muffin Bread


This is seriously the most simple bread I've ever made.  It tastes just like English Muffins when it's toasted.  With the price of English Muffins, I thought I'd give it a try.  And seriously.  It was so simple and quick to make.  I used my Bosch Kitchen Machine but,  you wouldn't even need a bread mixer for this recipe.  We have had it with jam, butter, honey and cinnamon sugar.  So tasty!!  

5 1/2 cups warm water
3 packages yeast, instant
2 Tablespoons salt
3 Tablespoons sugar
11 cups flour (I use bread flour)
Mix all of the ingredients together.  (I did mix the water, sugar and yeast and let them rise for ten minutes before adding the salt and flour.)  Mix the flour and salt in just barely enough for it to all be wet.  It does not need to be over-mixed.  It's VERY sticky dough.  VERY STICKY.  Spoon the dough into 4 well-greased loaf pans.  Let rise in pans until dough reaches the top of the pans, and bake in 350 degree oven for 35 minutes or until golden brown.  Take it out of the oven and brush it with melted butter.  Put it back in the oven for ten minutes. Makes 4 loaves. Bread will be moist at first. Allow to COOL COMPLETELY before cutting.  Enjoy!!

No comments: