Tuesday, June 12, 2012

The BEST Poppy Seed Bread EVER!


Good friend, Natalie, made this tasty bread and dropped off this loaf "just because".  It's the lightest poppy seed bread I've ever had!  Loved it!



1 package (18-1/4 ounces) white cake mix
1 package (3.4 ounces) instant lemon pudding mix
1 cup warm water
4 eggs
1/2 cup canola oil
4 teaspoons poppy seeds

In a large bowl, combine the cake mix, pudding mix, water, eggs and oil; beat on low speed for 30 seconds. Beat on medium for 2 minutes. Fold in poppy seeds. Pour into two greased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool in pans for 10 minutes before removing to a wire rack. Yield: 2 loaves (16 slices each).  Enjoy!

4 comments:

Nora said...

how about the glaze.... what did she do ? :)

Sophia C. said...

Not sure, Nora. I'm assuming it was a little lemon juice and powdered sugar. I'll have to ask her!

Nicole said...

Thanks Sophia, that one goes straight to my recipe file! I am also curious about the glaze, it makes the bread prettier, so I would definitely add the glaze too.

Jody said...

Just thought I would come back & comment...I made this the other day and it was FABULOUS!! I am not necessarily a lemon lover (made this because the hubby does), but I loved this! I didn't use glaze I sprinkled the top with coarse sugar for a little glitter & crunch..thanks for shring!