Sunday, June 3, 2012

Cilantro-Peanut Pesto Pasta


I also made this tasty pasta.  Friend, Hayley had pinned it as I was just walking out the door to Lee's Marketplace.  So, I thought I'd pick up the two things that I still needed.  I tried it and OH MY!  SO SO GOOD.  Here's my version...I did make a few adjustments to the recipe and here's how we loved it.
002
1 bunch cilantro, roughly chopped (about 1 cup)
1 clove garlic, smashed, peeled, and roughly chopped
1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
2 tablespoons vegetable oil
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1/2 chopped red pepper
1 1/2 teaspoons brown sugar
zest and juice from one fresh lime (about 2 tsp zest and 2 Tbs juice)
1/4 cup roasted peanuts (plus more for serving, if desired)
3 tablespoons soy sauce
16 oz linguine, cooked according to box instructions
Cook pasta as directed on the box.  While it's cooking, in a food processor, combine everything except soy sauce. Chop until everything is quite fine.  Season with soy sauce and pulse to combine.  In a large bowl, toss pesto with hot pasta.  Roughly chop additional peanuts and sprinkle over pasta along with extra cilantro leaves and lime wedges if desired.  Serve immediately.  (If you’re prepping and not quite ready to eat yet, wait to toss with the pasta for the best flavor and the pesto dries quite quickly on the pasta.  We added a bit more soy sauce onto the pasta after serving.)  Serves 4 main dish or 6-8 small sides.  SO SO GOOD!  

No comments: