Saturday, August 18, 2012

Apple Pancakes


I was looking on Pinterest for something fun for a Sunday breakfast and discovered the "idea" of this recipe. Rather than use that recipe, I made a few adjustments to my own whole wheat pancake recipe, adding a little extra sugar and pie spices.  For the first three griddles full, I sliced the apples and dunked each slice in the batter, then dropped it onto the griddle.  But, that got old pretty quick.  So, I chopped up the rest of the apples into dime size pieces, stirred them into the batter and made the pancakes like normal.  We actually preferred them this way.  Anyway you try it, these are literally my favorite pancakes ever!  (not my photo...I'll take a pic of my own next time.  We were too busy eating them to take pictures this time.)

2 1/2 cups flour (whole wheat gives it a natural nutty flavor !)
3/4 cup sugar
2 Tbsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 tbsp. pumpkin pie spice
2 eggs
1/2 cup oil
2 1/2 cups milk
6 apples
Mix the dry ingredients.  Add the eggs and liquids.   Mix well.  Stir in the apples.  Cook on buttery griddle.   I served them with Maple Syrup but next time, I'll try an apple cider syrup.  Grace informed me that they didn't even need syrup.  She ate her last few plain.  ENJOY!

No comments: