Sunday, March 7, 2010

Ginger Chicken Stir-fry


I came across this old recipe recently and had forgotten how wonderful and simple it was. You could even use a bag or two of frozen stir-fry veggies if you don't want to chop fresh veggies, but I think it's a great way to use up all the veggies in the fridge. It couldn't be any more simple! I don't even remember who I got it from but I do remember how tasty it was!


3 tbsp. olive oil

1 pound of chicken tenders

4 cups fresh chopped veggies of choice (celery, carrots, broccoli, onions, snow peas, peppers. water chestnuts...)

1 clove garlic

1 small can chicken broth

2 tbsp. cornstarch

1 Tbsp. soy sauce

1/2 tsp. ginger (0r fresh ginger root)

hot noodles


Stirfry the chicken in the olive oil. Add the veggies and stir-fry until cooked. In a separate bowl, mix the broth, cornstarch, sit sauce and ginger until smooth. Pour over the chicken and cook until the sauce boils and thickens. Serve over hot spaghetti, vermicelli noodles or cooked rice. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Nicole said...

Thanks so much for updating your cooking blog! This one goes in my recipe file right away!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the recipe... I made it today since I had everything. It was quite good and even my kids liked it! Cyndi