Monday, May 17, 2010

Apple Mango Salsa


This weekend, I discovered along with this fabulous recipe that I am allergic to mangoes. Funniest thing is that I never even liked mangoes until this weekend..and I grew up in Florida with a mango tree in our back yard! Everyone that tried it this weekend, asked for the recipe and said, as my good friend, Marilyn always says, "That's a WOWSER!!" It is! No sugar, totally healthy, quick to fix and so simple!

2 mangoes
2 apples
1 small purple onion (I used about 1/3-1/2 cup)
cilantro (about 2 T. dried because I was out of fresh)
juice of 2 limes
salt to taste

Put all ingredients in a food processor and chop. Pour lime juice over top and stir in. Add salt to taste. Serve with chips. (I used Mission Style chips.) Enjoy!!

BUT... for even better delight, I made the second batch to take to Carol's and spread 16 oz. softened cream cheese on a plate, then poured the salsa on top. OH MY!!! Milder because of the cream cheese. And of course, everything's better with cream cheese on it! ENJOY twice as much! Enjoy!

No comments: