Monday, June 15, 2009

Creamy Tomato Soup

As everyone knows, my favorite ingredient in anything is cream cheese! Here's a very simple soup and it's most important ingredient (in my opinion) is cream cheese! I'm not a big tomato soup fan, but this one is worth the try. It's also very tasty sprinkled with cooked popcorn just before serving. Serve with a nice summer salad and it's good, even in July! Try it, you'll love it!

1 quart milk
2 14.5 oz cans diced tomatoes, undrained or 6-8 fresh out of the garden tomatoes!
16 oz. cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup fresh basil, chopped finely
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp. pepper

Mix all of the above ingredients, except the cream cheese in the blender until smooth. Pour into a large saucepan. Add the cream cheese and cook until heated through. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I add cream cheese to many recipes also. I would think it would make the difference, in this soup, being good or being great.