Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Fresh Cranberry Salsa!!!


OH MY GOSH! My friend, Liz called and shared this recipe tonight. Doug was stopping at the grocery store on the way home, so I asked him to pick me up a jalapeno and some fresh cranberries. THIS IS TO DIE FOR! It took me exactly five minutes start to finish to make it, using my food processor. WOW! Good stuff! The combination sounds very funky and I forgot to add the cumin first, which was good but with the cumin, it was fabulous! And it looks so festive!!


1 bag fresh cranberries

1 bunch of green onions, chopped (the entire thing all the way down to an inch from the end)

1 jalapeno pepper, seeded then chopped

2 tbsp. chopped cilantro (about 1/4 of a bunch is what I used)


Put in food processor and chop finely. Add:

1/2 cup sugar

1/2 - 1 tsp. cumin


Spread 16 ounces of cream cheese, softened, into platter. Top with salsa. Serve with crackers or chips. Enjoy!

1 comment:

Cindi said...

Hey Sophia!

I made this today for my Curtis to take to a work function. Oh my! It is so yummy! I wish he didn't have to take it!

Thanks for sharing the recipe!