Thursday, August 14, 2008

Summer Chicken & Pasta Salad

This is, literally, my most favorite dish in the world since I first tried it two years ago at Bunco. I know that I say that everything is the best but this is the best summer salad ever! Even the babes love it! Enjoy!

Combine in a large bowl:

6 cups cooked chicken (I shred mine with a fork)
24 oz. shell or bow-tie pasta (I prefer the shells because bowtie pasta never cooks evenly for me)
1 small bunch green onions (chopped)

In a separate bowl, mix:

2 cups mayonnaise
1 16. oz. bottle Hidden Valley Coleslaw Dressing (I always buy two bottles and add another cup or so just before serving the salad)

Mix and chill. Then, add before serving:

1 20 oz. can of pineapple tidbits (with the juice)
1/2 pound of green and red grapes (I slice them in half)
2 large Fuji apples (chopped well)
1 cup slivered almonds (I've also used chopped cashews!!)

1 comment:

Lee said...

yummy! I can't wait to try this one! Well, all your recipes actually! You have quite the reputation for being an awesome cook, so I"m thrilled that you now have this cooking blog! You da woman! Lee