Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Talapia Scampi

I'm not at all a fish fan, but as mentioned before, Tilapia is so mild, I don't mind it at all. I try some new way of preparing it everytime since my family does love it. Last night, I found this recipe for a Scampi sauce to bake the tilapia in. OH MY GOSH, it was so good that I had a second piece. Try it! I didn't bake it nearly as long as the recipe called for, so check to see if it's flakey at about 20 minutes.

3/4 cup butter
1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 1/2 tbsp. minced garlic
4 (6 ounce) tilapia fillets, rinsed and patted dry
1 tablespoon dried parsley
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Place a sheet of parchment paper in the pan or spray a cooking oil. Combine the butter, lemon juice, and garlic in a microwave-safe bowl; heat in microwave in 10-second increments until the butter is completely melted and the garlic has softened, stirring each time for about a minute.

Arrange the tilapia in the bottom of the prepared baking dish; pour the butter mixture over the fillets assuring they are all evenly covered. Sprinkle the parsley over the tilapia.

Bake turning the fillets every 10 minutes with a large spatula, until the fish flakes easily with a fork, about 30-40 minutes. I kept part of the butter sauce to the side to serve over baked potatoes. Enjoy!

No comments: