Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Fresh unbaked Peach Pie




Thirty years ago, this month, an amazing woman, Elaine Nielson brought me dinner one evening and included in the meal was this fresh peach pie. Seriously, thirty years later, I remember that moment as one of the best food moments in my lifetime. I've never tasted anything that was as heavenly as this dessert and to this day, all desserts, in my home, are compared to this one! Here's the recipe on the original card that Elaine typed and gave me! (Click on it to enlarge.)


A few comments about making the pie.
  • Mix the Eagle Brand and lemon juice first so that you can pour it directly over the peaches before they start to turn color. (The photo of the pie I made this morning is deceiving. I used Eagle Brand from my food storage and it's a year old, which turned it a bit darker than normal.
  • I use about 7-8 good size peaches and make it a very tall pie!
  • If you hate peeling peaches, a great tip that I learned in canning is to drop a peach into a pot of boiling water for a few seconds. Then remove the peach and drop it into cold water. Slice the peach in half and the skin will just slip right off the peach. Just don't leave in the hot water too long and cook the peach.
  • I usually serve the slice of pie with more cookie crumbs sprinkled on top! To die for, I promise!
  • Enjoy!

5 comments:

Libby@CookingWithLibby said...

Wow...I am going to have to try this one out :)

Anonymous said...

Comming from someone who does not know her way around the kitchin (me) :) When you say mix the cookies with the butter- Is the butter melted?

Debbie said...

ok...dumb here...what is square butter?

~Diana~ said...

OK, so I finally tasted the pie and OH.MY.YUMMYNESS! I'm not a huge peach fan but my husband is and that's why I made it. I had some last night and it was sooooooooooooooooooooooo good. Thank you for sharing.

My peaches were a little too ripe, as it was liquidy, but still tasty!

stefanie said...

I made this peach pie last Sunday for my family, then again last night for a social event...so yummy!!! It was a hit both times. Thank you so much for sharing simple recipes that are easy to whip up, and taste wonderful!