Monday, April 18, 2011

Baked Cheesy Veggies


Carol made this last year and I'd forgotten all about them until yesterday. Oh, how glad I am that she made them again so that I can keep the recipe for good! This is so simple and so dang good! (Sorry, it's a stock photo because I didn't think to take my camera over last night. I'll photograph this dish when I make it, for sure!)


Boil or steam fresh carrots, cauliflower and broccoli. Use enough to fill a 9x13" casserole dish. Layer the veggies in the pan and then top with fresh sliced mushrooms. (I imagine you could use whatever fresh veggies you'd like.


Then, mix:


One stick of butter

1 can of cream of mushroom soup

8 oz velvetta


Melt the above ingredients together. Pour over top of the mushrooms and bake 350 for 30-40 minutes. Carol said that if you make this ahead, refrigerate it and then bake it before serving, it takes the full 30-40 minutes. But, if you make the veggies and pour the sauce over the top just before serving, you only need to bake it until the sauce is hot. I'll be adding fresh garlic to the veggies, some salt and lots of pepper too. Enjoy!!

1 comment:

Scrappin' 4 ever said...

Thanks for the recipe! So forget what I posted on your blog for wanting this recipe!