Sunday, August 1, 2010

7 layer bars


This has to be my all time favorite treat. I remember the first time that I had them in 1969! It was Christmas-time and my Aunt Maxine brought them to a family party! I was in love them and am even more today. Actually, I mean that literally because I made them yesterday and by default (using what I had to work with before going grocery shopping), I made them better than ever! The Heath Bar bits were the secret! NUMMMMMMMM!


Crush one package of graham crackers to crumbs. (about 1 1/2 cups)
Melt 1/2 cup butter and pour over the crumbs in a 9x13 glass baking dish.
Mix the crumbs and spread to make a crust, pressing down with a fork.

Layer:
1 cup milk chocolate chips.

1 cup Heath Bar Tidbits (available near chocolate chips in the baking aisle.)
1 cup crushed pecans
1 cup shredded coconut

Pour 1 can of sweetened condensed milk over the crust.

Bake at 350 degrees until the coconut is toasted slightly brown. (about 20-25 minutes)
Cool. Chill if desired. Cut into bars or diamonds. Store covered at room temperature. ENJOY!


1 comment:

Janeal said...

Sophia, I made these yesterday for a family get-together, they were awesome! Thank you very much for sharing, I have a feeling this will become a family favorite!